Hi there! I'm Cassie, and I'm celebrating my 1st Threadiversary!
✨ Reflecting on this past year, I'm so happy I'm here!
Like several of our employees, I took the chance of joining Threads during the pandemic after the lockdown was enforced. Even though it was daunting to switch jobs at a time of uncertainty, I'll be happy to tell you I'm thrilled I made the decision.
📚 Onboarding remotely doesn't have to be scary!
I have never onboarded remotely before Threads. I'm sure this would be a nightmare for most, and I was honestly nervous, but Threads made it seamless and welcoming.
- My teammate, Ayesha, and I started together on Star Wars Day 2020 and were introduced to the entire team in a video "huddle" and instantly felt welcomed. We had some silly icebreakers; the team embraced my love for Hello Kitty and Ayesha's pandemic sourdough experimentation.
- I had video 1:1s pre-scheduled to meet every person at the company separately over the first several weeks. Everyone was extremely friendly and felt authentic in wanting to learn more about me, my role, and how we could best work together.
- We use Threads internally, so I had access and transparency to see how every decision at the company was made and was able to start discussions within my first week.
- Collaborative Planning: My 30-60-90 day plan was shared with me on day one, with the respective team members I would collaborate with shared on each task.
- Visibility: I joined as the sole recruiter at the company, so understanding the leadership decisions previously made on hiring practices and strategy was a game-changer.
- Archival Knowledge: I spent my first week diving into all the Recruiting forums, which helped me feel well-equipped to deep-dive with leadership the following week. By my second week, I was hitting the ground running, creating a recruiting strategy with all the information that team members had documented in Threads before my arrival.
✍🏼Communicating async, so focused, so amazing.
The biggest change from my day-to-day was leaving my life of 8-10 video meetings a day. I now have 1 meeting every 2 days. I'll repeat that.
three two standing meetings PER WEEK. (We just reduced it further!)
While this may not be the case for all our team members, we heavily reduce the need for meetings because our platform helps us start discussions async and track the feedback and outcomes. We collaborate and gain alignment without needing the back-to-back-to-back meetings saying the same stuff without a resolution.
Who writes the meeting agenda? Who takes the meeting notes? Who follows up? Remove that confusion, we start discussions in Threads, and we make decisions in Threads.
Now I can truly focus and sprint faster on all my projects than I ever could with back-to-back meetings.
Our CEO, Rousseau, states that "meetings are for things that are urgent and/or emotional". Agreed! And for fun - like CodeNames and Crosswords!
🙌🏼 Support, near and far.
Early 2021, my husband and I decided to leave San Francisco for an extended period of time. Given our company is digital by default, I felt supported in moving to the East Coast temporarily.
When the local SF team reopened the office recently, Threads extended new benefits to remote employees, including a monthly stipend for a co-working space, a quarterly budget to visit SF, and monthly snack subscriptions!
Even when my SF teammates were able to have CDC-safe offsites and happy hours in person together, they always included me, and I never felt like the odd one out. 🥰
👏🏼We celebrate each other.
The hardest part about going remote is the fear of not being seen or acknowledged, but we have the opposite culture at Threads. We recognize and reward each employee's impact and outcomes. We strive to continuously improve and execute on making this happen.
Not every company's CEO goes out of their way to recognize their employee's contribution. Ours does!
🎉 We celebrate together.
We have a lot of work ahead of us, and it's important for us to celebrate our wins together. We've recently developed new company goals and milestones and are so excited to build together, grow and experience success, and most importantly, celebrate our wins!
If this sounds like your ideal work setup, we are hiring!