About the role
Threads is hiring a Senior or Staff Product Designer.
At Threads, we place an emphasis on people and craft. We put people first, and value knowledge and influence from different perspectives, disciplines, cultures, and experiences so we can better practice human-centered design. Providing a platform for people to democratize discussions, ideate collaboratively, and creating a space to mindfully respond is just the beginning.
We're building the future of work.
As a Product Designer at Threads, you'll be contributing and collaborating closely with teammates in the Product vertical on our web and desktop platforms. You'll ideate on existing experiences, process feedback, and craft new concepts with folks from different technical roles from beginning-to-end phases.
We're a diverse set of people who collaborate and appreciate designers who are able to communicate their design thinking broadly to the organization, work in lock-step directly with the Product team, and adapt to different workflows.
At 25 people, our company is a small-but-mighty team of product-obsessed makers. We’ve found product/market fit already, and we’re quickly growing our customer-base this year. There’s a ton of opportunity to influence the future of the company, scale + grow our apps, and build features that people use for multiple hours a day.
As an added bonus, we all use Threads for our own work. It’s extremely fulfilling to build a product that we ourselves love and use. This allows us to build deep empathy with our customers and form strong opinions on how our product and platform should work.
What you’ll do
- Empower people through design to use their voices and democratize discussions.
- Partner closely with Engineering and Product Management to conceptualize, iterate, build, and implement on both our consumer and enterprise platforms.
- Know when to apply low and high fidelity concepts and prototypes.
- Ideate and craft end-to-end design flows.
- Conduct user interviews and research sessions alongside Design and Content Strategy.
- Work with Customer Success to retrieve feedback and Engineering to better understand our quantitative data to inform design decisions.
- Communicate efficiently and broadly with people on the broader team.
- Work in close collaboration with the Design team to further develop and maintain consistency in our design language.
- Support younger designers on the team and enable them to grow.
- Embrace our company culture and vocalize where we can be more inclusive.
What we value
- You have 5+ years of experience as an individual contributor on a Product Design team.
- Your portfolio showcases a solid foundation in typography, visual design, interaction design, and product thinking.
- You value and welcome feedback and discussion from customers and teammates.
- You are able to facilitate design discussions.
- You are able to think through and create accessible and modular designs that scale.
- You have experience partnering with Product Managers and Engineers to develop strategy and scope.
- You are comfortable with navigating ambiguity.
- You have good written, visual, and verbal communication skills.
- You have a deep dedication to your craft.
Nice to Haves
- Experience in Figma
- You have experience conducting research sessions.
- You have experienced a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- You have experience in other design disciplines (3D, illustration, sound, game, animation, architecture, etc.).
- You have mentored peers in the past.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options package
- For this role, the base salary range is $140k (mid level) - $165k (senior)- $180k (staff) per year.
- 401(k) plan (non-company matching)
- Your work environment
- 100% phone coverage on our business plan through Verizon
- Top-of-the-line Macbook Pro with monitor and any accessories you need
- Home Setup Stipend
- $300 office setup
- Monthly internet bill coverage
- $250 for a new pair of headphones
- Your wellness
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, 100% coverage for you
- Unlimited paid vacation and sick leave
- Monthly mental health stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Additional Remote Employee Benefits
- Quarterly stipend to visit SF HQ
- Monthly stipend for co-working space and home internet
- Monthly snack box subscriptions
Threads is an all-in-one communication platform designed to help teams fold time. With the help of our growing community, we've been able to fully and repeatedly replace tools like Slack, Discord, and Twist, for companies looking to get more done.
Being constantly interrupted, losing information, or not being confident that you'll be able to catch up comes with a real tax on your ability to think, design, code, and create. With Threads, teams avoid constant interruptions, the pain of keeping up / catching up, and encourage motion over progress.
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email email@example.com with this role’s title in your subject line.