About the role
Threads is hiring a Senior or Staff iOS Engineer to join our Mobile team. At 25 people, our company is a small-but-mighty team of product-obsessed makers. We’ve found product/market fit already, and we’re quickly growing our customer-base this year. There’s a ton of opportunity to influence the future of the company, scale + grow our apps, and build features that people use for multiple hours a day.
At Threads, we value inclusive, collaborative decision-making. You'll design features, discuss trade-offs, and review proposals with the entire engineering team and cross-functional stakeholders. We love approaching problems from first principles, and then prototyping and iterating. You’ll have the scope to make foundational decisions that will scale with the company and our customers.
As an added bonus, we all use Threads for our own work. It’s extremely fulfilling to build a product that we ourselves love and use. This allows us to build deep empathy with our customers and form strong opinions on how our product and platform should work.
What you’ll do
- You'll work closely with our Product Manager and Designers through the entire development lifecycle, from ideation, prototyping, implementation, shipping, to maintenance.
- You'll share responsibility for building, maintaining and releasing a world class iOS app
- You'll participate in all aspects of product development, from product strategy and idea conception to building and shipping to users.
- Support our values and ethics
What we value
- Experience building high quality, maintainable, and extensible iOS apps.
- Experience shipping iOS applications to large user bases.
- Strong familiarity with Swift/Objective-C and common iOS frameworks
- Familiarity with essential tools (Xcode, lldb)
- Experience creating complex and performant user interfaces with UIKit
- Experience with performance and memory tools (Instruments)
- Experience writing appropriate test coverage with XCTest and XCUITest.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Ability to accomplish complex engineering tasks independently
- Keen understanding of performance, security, and other software engineering best practices
- You appreciate good design and you get excited to translate that into functional experiences that people use every day.
- You love using your technical skillset and knowledge to create well crafted products that create meaningful value that customers use every day to do their work.
Nice to Haves
- You have an ability to or interest in working across the stack (Android, iOS, web, backend)
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options package
- For this role, the estimated base salary range for this role is $165,000 - $180,000 per year.
- 401(k) plan (non-company matching)
- Your work environment
- 100% phone coverage on our business plan through Verizon
- Top-of-the-line Macbook Pro with monitor and any accessories you need
- Home Setup Stipend
- $300 office setup
- Monthly internet bill coverage
- $250 for a new pair of headphones
- Your wellness
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, 100% coverage for you
- Unlimited paid vacation and sick leave
- Monthly mental health stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Additional Remote Employee Benefits
- Quarterly stipend to visit SF HQ
- Monthly stipend for co-working space and home internet
- Monthly snack box subscriptions
Threads is an all-in-one communication platform designed to help teams fold time. With the help of our growing community, we've been able to fully and repeatedly replace tools like Slack, Discord, and Twist, for companies looking to get more done.
Being constantly interrupted, losing information, or not being confident that you'll be able to catch up comes with a real tax on your ability to think, design, code, and create. With Threads, teams avoid constant interruptions, the pain of keeping up / catching up, and encourage motion over progress.
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with this role’s title in your subject line.